Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 1: First Steps

This is my first official blog post on my new blog Journey Through Android. This blog will be dedicated to chronically my journey through developing an android application that will (hopefully!) be released in the android market upon completion. My name is Mehdi, I am a CS major at Cal Poly Pomona and 19. I have not  attempted anything in android before but I do know JAVA and have a willingness to research and learn everything I need to push through this project.

The project I'm going to attempt to create in a currently unnamed space shooter similar in style to Galaga. It will encompass many different aspects of android and java programming along with openGL for graphics and will be no simple task.

So far I've created the basic template for my main menu GUI including New Game, About, High Score, Help, and Options. These buttons were made using the android provided XML style menu's. I've also included a basic title at the top. I've began exploring how to make the actual game through OpenGL and bound that test openGL activity to my New Game button. The main problem facing me at this point is figuring out how to physically move my objects drawn in openGL in response to touch screen inputs.

The more I research about Android and openGL, the more I realized how much I need to learn. This project is going to be a huge undertaking and I'm excited to meet the challenge.

See you on the other side,
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment