Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 5: Shooting and HP

If you noticed,there was no day 4 post. This project is extensive but I still have real life matters to attend to so there may not be a blog post every day. The posts will still be numbered based up how long since the project began to keep it resembling a journal.

Progress today has been good and noticeable visually. I've fixed the problem with my shots not displaying (mixed up my X and Y coordinates) and implemented an HP bar for the ship based on a percentage. I've also drawn a background to make it look more appealing and not so plain.

Today also is the day that I show my first screenshot of my progress! Now before anything I must post the disclaimer.

DISCLAIMER: This and every other progress photo do not represent the final product. Everything in these photo's are subject to change without notice and only are meant to show progress in development. This and other related photo's are from various stages of development but will remain posted for the sake of visually understanding the progress made. Actual screenshot of the final build will be posted on the android market webpage once the game is released.

Now, without further ado, here is the first public screenshot of my game currently in very early in development! Again, I want to emphasize that ALL GRAPHICS in the picture are simply placeholders to test how it would look and make sure size/hit detection is correct. These graphics will ALL be replaced before release with much more modern and good looking alternatives. Still looking for artists to contribute anything if you are reading :)



I also want to let everyone know that I'll be in palm desert for the next 5 days for the holidays. Hope everyone has a great holiday season and my blog will most likely go without updates during this time.

Best Regards and Happy Holidays
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment