Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 7: Enemy ships and movement patterns

Even though I'm on my Christmas vacation I managed to scrap together a prototype of my first stage. I've created some bitmap art for my enemy ships and have them coming into the screen in a "V" pattern, collecting in the center in a group, and then moving in uniform left and right. This pattern is very similar to Galaga ships flying into the screen then grouping together in the center. Writing the movement's by hand was a pain so I'm hoping to figure out a more effective way to do this for the rest of the stages and levels. If any game programmers reading this have ideas, please let me know in the comments!

There still is much more for do. I still need to implement the enemies attacks, the hit detection, the rest of the first stage, score, and more. Hopefully I can get more done on my vacation but I'm quite satisfied with my progress today.

I've also been able to test this on a real android phone instead of a virtual android device that comes with the SDK. The real phone runs the game much faster and looks a lot nicer. This project has also convinced to me to upgrade to an android smartphone whenever I secure the funds.

Hope everyone's holidays is going well!

Best Regards,
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment